What's your GPA?

IB Heather

3.67/4.33

all 4 semesters, I have gotten an 89 or above in french, but never an A. feels bad, I would have like a 3.83/4.5

relating to the above...I just found this site today, and it has already made me feel dumb

Believe me when I say you shouldn't feel bad in the slightest. Not only is the corny [but true!] reason that we all have different strengths and ways of working things out relevant, but when you compare a C or B or A in a class taught by one teacher in one school to a C or B or A from another class, what does that mean? In science/social science/IB lingo, look at the error bars for one class. Then multiply it by how many classes you take and by how many semesters, etc, etc. Basically you shouldn't compare GPA. It's not an accurate reflection.

I don't mean to downplay the people who have great GPAs. Be proud of yourself. But please don't feel bad if you don't like your GPA just because it's not as high as the next person's. Uni applications can make you feel like you're competing against the world, and in ways you are. But if you think about it as a competition against yourself, then when you realize what really matters, I think you'll be more secure and proud of your accomplishments.

There's always someone better, faster, smarter, stronger, funnier, etc than you. I just try to use them as a reason to keep going but tell myself I don't need to imitate.