Google Pacman

Austin Glau

The interactive Pac-man "logo" on google's homepage on friday and saturday got many critical receptions. Some, like me, think it is entertaining and try to beat it (although unsuccessfully for me :P ). Others remove google from their favorites because it is "unprofessional" or a time waster for employees (i could imagine that).

There was an issue with the sound, people who installed the Cool Previews add-on for Firefox heard the classic "siren" sound from pac-man even when they closed the tab. This seems to be what drove most people mad concerning the pac-man logo, although there were some other nice comments such as "Grow up!!!!", "This pac-man logo was very scarey!", "At first, it nearly scared me to death", "Sorry, Google. You really blew it this time.", "Now I need to go get some aspirin to get rid of my Google-induced headache...", and "What happened to "Do no evil"????? This is the worst. Google is losing its way."

As many critics disliked this game, many more liked it and were not happy when google removed it from their homepage today. Some people at Macek made a working cache copy though, somehow getting around the archived and protected swf files that were central to the javascript game. A playable version is here.

• 3 months later...

Hey, I tried to download it from the link that you gave but it aint work. When I press insert coin, theres only a yellow line appearing haha

If you do it on the webpage, all you need is javascript enabled and it will work (the yellow line is the loading bar)

if you download it make sure to properly use the javascript in the html