Oxford 2009 biology revision guide.

Wax A. Cuticle

Hi there, I'm a student thats retaking biology in four days :S

To remind myself of the subject, I read through the biology book once, taking only rudimentary notes. Later I grabbed my higher level Oxford 2009 revision guide (+ the 2007 study guide and book for my options), and plugged pretty much every fact in there into Anki (a flashcard organising or memory programme that I may write a little about once I'm done with this whole exam thing, it's really better suited for long term learning and memorisation, but it works if you want to cram as well), and have memorised pretty much everything.

My question, and my worry, is the following. Is the material in the revision guide "enough", if you understand the surrounding facts and contexts? I mean, if I only memorise all the facts in the revision guide, will there be any glaring holes in my knowledge that I will not be able to pull out of my arse or through a basic understanding of the stated facts?

Also, if anyone can answer this, does anyone know if there are any major additions or ammendments in option E and H going from the 2007 syllabus to the 2009 syllabus? The stuff in the biology book and the stuff in the 2007 study guide looked about the same, but I didn't look to hard, and unfortunately I relied heavily on the study guide when it came to creating Anki questions (so the stuff in the study guide is mostly what I have memorised).

The study guide is all you need, do not worry.

If you have the syllabus with you, it would be useful to double check, normally, the study guides are structured so that a box would enclose 2 or 3 points of the syllabus. If most of the point in the syllabus are in the study guide, then you're absolutely fine. :S

I don't see why you need to be so worried. :S

That's how most of us revised for biology, study guide and syllabus.

You should finally go through past papers to ensure you're ready, once you do that, just sit and relax.

hey guys i have a question about Biology HL, i only just started studying :), and since paper 1 and 2 is on monday and 3 on tuesday, i was wondering is 1 day enough to study the options? is it possible for me to just study the options the day before the exam? I am probably going to pick ecology and conservation as 1 option, i dont know about the 2nd one though... which one is the easiest? seems like perhaps nutrition or neurobilogy and behavior to me... anyone can help?