Culture

Dr. Polaris

We are supposed to write an essay and have a 10 minute PPT presentation on any chosen cultural aspect of any one place. That means I can choose the culture of..cutting the jugular vein of a cow in Kenya and drinking it. However, I can't think of a good topic which can allow me to elaborate on. My initial topic was South Korea Pop, or K-Pop, but then I discovered that 4 other classmates were doing the same one, plus k-pop is quite broad and boring.

Do you guys have any ideas? Thanks

P.S: I want to do something related to Greek mythology, as I am extremely interested in it. However, I don't know how to link it to culture.

Can you do how greek mythology impacts on modern culture, perhaps?

I say this only because I've recently realised how everywhere it is within popular and modern culture. Even the London Olympics 2012 logo and the Apple silhouette posters are indirectly inspired by Greek culture via Henri Matisse's image of Icarus. Really random example, I know, I just watched a programme about Matisse on TV :( People still talk about Odysseys, Ileads and epics and such, I'm sure you'd be able to find other instances. Anyway, if you're allowed to do that sort of thing perhaps you could give it a shot? :( There must be tonnes and tonnes of examples around. If you get desperate, I'd be willing to bet nearly every major European city is full of fountains, statues and scenes depicting the Greek heroes. I don't know whether it'd fit into Culture or not, I don't know exactly what the subject consists of :(

It's actually not a serious subject, not counted into IB in any way, BUT the university will still see it on my report card, so I have no choice but to do it. I was also thinking of something along those lines, however, it seemed a bit too vague to me. Wouldn't focusing on maybe one character/aspect be better? I'm not sure, I'm still a youngling in IB