Guest 111111

• 1 month later...

I believe that lenght is enough

still I never have enough time for the second essay....

Im also taking History of the Americas

could you tell me which are the topics for paper 2 and paper 3? because at my school they always mix them in one single paper 2 so i never know

thank youuu

Look at the History Syllabus. It outlines and goes in depth with the assessment content and structure.

So for Paper 2, it depends on what route you do. Route 1 is the European & Islamic history & Route 2 is the 20th Century World History. "History of the Americas" describes the content of the specific Paper 3 you'll take.

Here are the topics, found the in syllabus linked above:

Route 1: History of Europe and the Islamic world

• Topic 1: Dynasties and rulers

• Topic 2: Society and economy

• Topic 3: Wars and warfare

• Topic 4: Intellectual, cultural and artistic developments

• Topic 5: Religion and the state

Route 2: 20th century world history

• Topic 1: Causes, practices and effects of wars

• Topic 2: Democratic states—challenges and responses

• Topic 3: Origins and development of authoritarian and single-party states

• Topic 4: Nationalist and independence movements in Africa and Asia and post‑1945 Central and

Eastern European states

• Topic 5: The Cold War

My IB History experience was something like this

10th grade [the year before IB1] -- US History, from precolonization til Reconstruction after the American Civil War. This covered some topics found in Paper 3, under History of Americas.

IB1 - US History picking up from the year before and until the US Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s--everything with a focus on the US. We also covered the Mexican Revolution. This was all preparation for Paper 3.

IB2 - World Wars, Interwar period, focus on dictators, Cuba, Argentina, Chile, Cold War w/ Korean & Vietam Wars, and a little bit of China that we never finished... This was the bulk of Paper 2.

The students had no idea what the papers covered. We blindly trusted our three teachers to prepare us. Not the best way to go, but it wasn't a complete disaster. As you can see, we did Route 2 & History of the Americas.

Now that I think about it, I don't see what use advanced studying would have. There's too much material and you don't need to know all of it. Why bother knowing more than you have to just for the syllabus? If you want to explore more, use the syllabus as a starting point. But if you try to cover all of the topics, you might become depressed because not everything is interesting all the time. And I actually enjoyed learning history.

About the timing, I think you can make it work out for you.

If you try to spend half of your time with the first question and go 10-15 minutes over, then you'll be rushed for the second one, but it can be useful. You start stating what you really need to and stop worrying about how it sounds. The time crunch always made my second essay richer in content, and organization didn't suffer too badly because I always jotted down the points for both essays before starting the first one.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank youu for the reply

I'm doing my internal assesment on Peron's economic policies

as i've read on your reply, you've studied some history from Argentina

did you cover Peron?

If you did, could you help me? Im answering weather his economic policies were successful or not

and I need help with my section D (analysis)

thank you very much

I'm not going to be of much help content wise. I'm pretty sure I've confused the details.

But since you have the summary [part B] done, you have the information. You've already started a thread about your question. It's not advisable to ask the same thing in multiple places. I suggest you be more specific about what you're having trouble with where part D is concerned in the thread that you started about your question.

Well you can choose questions from anywhere as long as you meet the requirements of the test...

That said, logically I would think it would be a bad thing to answer questions that you haven't studied for. Unless you have a large amount of background knowledge on another topic (for instance the cold war), I think it would be unwise to do so.

Edited by Center Field

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I am completely new on IB Survival and must admit I am a bit intimidated. I am an American student and from what I have read our European counterparts are scoring infinitly higher than us. That aside, I am working on my Historic investigation, and I am having trouble with my Evaluation of Sources. I'm fnding it difficult to find true flaws with the sources I am using....everytime I find something I think it over and it seems weak. Any help?

The American educational system is isolationist. It wasn't meant for IB. That is why foreign scores are usually higher than ours. I would go into greater deatil but that would be boring. Message me if you really want more info on that topic.

Anyways, give me an example! it is most difficult to help you when your query is vague

• 4 months later...

Hello, I am completely new on IB Survival and must admit I am a bit intimidated. I am an American student and from what I have read our European counterparts are scoring infinitly higher than us. That aside, I am working on my Historic investigation, and I am having trouble with my Evaluation of Sources. I'm fnding it difficult to find true flaws with the sources I am using....everytime I find something I think it over and it seems weak. Any help?

You feel intimidated because the people who choose to show off their grades are the ones who are getting 6's and 7's. No worries :sadnod:

• Like 1