Historical Investigation Topic. Ancient Egypt/Greece?

Keeekse

Hello :')

next week we have to have chosen our Historical Invetsigation Topic...and I know that I want to do something with ancient Egypt or ancient Greece, because I am quite bad with modern history and war...I though I could write something like "the role of mythology in ancient Greece", but my teacher said that that is too broad for a topic. So if anyone has already done a Historical Investigation about ancient history or has an idea what my topic could be, please tell me, that would be really nice :') because I am really lost!

Well you can take your topic and make it more specific. What about the role of mythology? Maybe you can zoom in on one god or goddess. Maybe you can look at the types of deities a certain class worshiped the most. I don't know much about the actual history, so that seems really interesting. It might be hard to find sources on your topic, so look into that.

I suggest going into research not knowing exactly what you want to do--let your research focus your investigation. Start out with something in mind [maybe something a little more specific than just mythology in Greece] and then read and when you find something interesting, look up more information about that. You might run into dead ends, but don't give up! ;)

• Like 1

This may be too late, but I also did my HI on Ancient history, although Ancient Rome (my question was "What were the main reasons for the assassination of Gaius Julius Caesar in 44 BC?"). It's definitely doable, although I for one had a hard time finding enough books to use as the local university is not really that great for AH - on the other hand, a lot of the stuff on the topic can be found on the internet (Project Gutenberg etc). I'd also suggest you narrow your choice of topic down - maybe you can consider some specific event or time frame that interests you?