Historical Investigation

ibibib1022

Hi I don't know which question to choose...

1) To what extent was the American entry into the Second World War a direct result of Pearl Harbour?

2) To what extent was the victory of the Allies during the Second World War a result of American entry?

3) To what extent is/was Abraham Lincoln's popularity a result of the Union victory during the American Civil War?

Could you guys help me pick which one is best and how I could improve it?

Thanks in advance :P

Edited by ibibib1022

Hi,

we just had to hand in out Historical Investigations and one of my friends had a great problem with word count, and her question was similar to your first one. The problem is that you have to include all the other factors effecting America's decision to enter the war in you summary of evidence and most important analysis. Because when you evaluate 'to what extend' you have to bring in other events as well. Try to find a topic where you only concentrate on one or two events, or where you only have to mentions other happenings shortly. Even though I think the first question is really interesting.

I guess the second question is too broad, you probably could write an Extended Essay on that one :P

I don't know much about the last topic, but it sounds good.

I think the hardest thing to do in the historical investigation is to stick with the word limit. Try to find a quite narrow topic. However, if you're really good in writing and find it easy to say a lot in a few sentences, this shouldn't be a problem.

I hope this will help you a bit. I guess you should base your decision on the amount of information you have for each topic (or how much information you expect to get)