EE in Economics

stylusdef

sry im replying tho im not doing my EE anymore (dropped to cerificate cuz my uni doesnt require diploma) bt, back i did a m IT IA about extended essays thus i have some knowledge about different parts of it, and actually an ee in economics is one of the enjoyable EEs and there's various topics you can talk about such as Macroeconomics, whether the demand actually affects the supply or smthn along that line, or even about Black economy.

hope i helped :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The fact that it's a common topic is not a bad thing at all. One common topic I know of is Are the firms X and Y price-takers or price-givers?

But anahitapaul, we can't give you a ready topic here - instead you'll have to find your own and we can help you fine-tune it.

They're not similar to IAs. Basically it's not analyzing an article, but instead you find something you research, for example:

"The effect of the Finnish alcohol tax increase on liquor store revenue"

or

"Are the souvenir stands in place X price-takers or price-givers"

"To what extent does the market for bolts remind perfect competition"

So it's your own investigation, but you can use help from other articles (obviously).

• 1 month later...

heya,

my extended was about the price sensitivity of the aircraft industry (case study Airbus) considering the current events which took place in germany in 07. Was actually quite hard in the end to collect some sort of primary data: In fact i just did a survey at an international airport in order to determine the price elasticity of demand.

I think you should write about something which leads to oligopoly

1) you can write a lot bout the topic

2) you can show your knowledge (kinked demand curve etc.)

3) You should have covered the topic in HL anyway :hug:

soo good luck with ur essay!