Université de Montréal - Medicine

Bishup

I checked the admissions and the requirements and it says although there aren't any requirements. Students need to have Maths Chem Physics HL and Bio SL. For most ib students this is impossible. Can someone explain the ridiculous entry requirements when they don't even have point requirements.

You can do a Bachelor's in anything you want, as long as you fulfill the prereqs required by the med school (generally it'll be bio, chem, orgo, physics, biochem, etc). Obviously if you do a Bachelor of Science it'll be easier to fulfill the prereqs but there's no reason why you can't do a humanities/psych/language etc degree if that's where your interests lay.

I'm in a Bachelor of Health Sciences degree program. Most of my peers are aiming to get into medicine, the majority of us (we're all finishing up our 2nd year of undergrad now) are writing the MCAT this summer. Oh that's another thing about med schools in US/Canada, you have to write a standardized test, the MCAT, for most med schools. Not sure if you have that in the UK.