Economics and business together? Good choice?

MaryamB

Hello everyone,

Some of you may know already that I have been having trouble trying to chooose between Geography and ITGS for IB (I am intending into going into journalism, media and amsscommunication in the near future :) ). However, right now I am also considering Economics and Businees studies very much. I have already chosen business studies, however I need to make another choice since I am not doing any of the arts and only one science. If any of you did Economics and Business Studies together, how was it for you? I know alot of my classmates (we are now during IGCSE) have chosen Economics and Business studies together, and they have said that the pressure is unbearable. In their opinion, they think that Business studies is definitley much better than Economics. But, I need more than 3 people's opinions. Can somone please help?

And please, if you have any other better suggestions please let me know.

Thank you

Firstly I think that this should be in the general IB forum and not the ToK forum :)

I don't study business or economics but I think that universities (especially UK ones) look down upon B&M in the IB as a HL subject, and economics is far preferred in the eyes of the IB. So maybe you should do economics instead of business? As I haven't done either, I can't comment on the courses, but to me the economics course looks quite interesting.

Economics and Business overlap quite a lot, and Economics is usually considered the more superior option. To take both of them would not be, well, much variety. Either of them would go much better with another humanities subject, for example Geography.