IAs, essays, and exams...oh my!

Guest IB_stressed

Guest IB_stressed

Ok so I'm freaking out because I have to take the HL Spanish exam in 6 months. And here's the situation: I skipped from AP Spanish (like spanish 4) to Spanish 6. And my teacher for AP Spanish was so totally incompetent. What I learned in that class I could have gotten from watching Univision for 10 minutes....seriously. So does anybody have any suggestions for a quick way to learn 2 years worth of spanish in 6 months? I learn pretty quick. much thx!

Ever tried those 'learn-a-new-language' kit? If you learn quickly and is good at independent study then you could try to invest in those. Usually there are those audio/book packages for self-study of a new language :rolleyes:

Oh and do watch a lot of spanish movies/tv and if possible, interact with other spanish-speaking because it might do good as well :P

Edited by Afterglow

music workd really well too. what i found helped me was to go out and buy a cd in spanish and pull out the insert and just read along as they sing. it really helped my speaking, and taught me diffferent ways to say certin things too.

i know what it is like to skip a year of spanish. i went from 2 to 4. so good luck.

and what afterglow said about talking to natives it is amazing... they can be a big help if they are willing to help.

Edited by IBStuck

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, to tell you the truth, the one best way to learn ANY language fast is to go to a place were they only speak that language. When i moved to the US at age 11 i had an 8 year background on english which was just enough to put me in a little over the average imigrant student. But 2 months later of being in school and I was talking better than half of the people there.

Oh and if you need help with any particular things just ask me, I'm really good in Spanish :)