Bio IB Lab due monday HELP!

chipu10

Do you by any chance use the orange Allott & Allott textbook? Or do Chemistry and have the Geoffrey Neuss blue textbook?

They're in reasonably common use, and both have some guidance about how to calculate uncertainties in the back of them if you have access to either ;)

I've seen it done a couple different ways.

The most insane way I've seen is to take your largest value and add the uncertainty, then take your smallest value and subtract the uncertainty, then figure out which number is farther from your new calculated number, then the uncertainty is plus or minus that difference.

Some people say just to add the uncertainties of each trial.

In Chem, my teacher advises us to just average the uncertainties, because adding the uncertainties is counterproductive to the whole purpose of having multiple trials in the first place. As far as Bio is concerned, I have never been penalized for averaging my uncertainties as my new uncertainty.

So I think that's fine.

I've seen it done a couple different ways.

The most insane way I've seen is to take your largest value and add the uncertainty, then take your smallest value and subtract the uncertainty, then figure out which number is farther from your new calculated number, then the uncertainty is plus or minus that difference.

Some people say just to add the uncertainties of each trial.

In Chem, my teacher advises us to just average the uncertainties, because adding the uncertainties is counterproductive to the whole purpose of having multiple trials in the first place. As far as Bio is concerned, I have never been penalized for averaging my uncertainties as my new uncertainty.

So I think that's fine.

Ok awesome!

Then i'm pretty sure im done my lab :)

thank you!