Can I have one activity for all my CAS hours?

What's partial IB? If it's like pre-IB, I don't think you're allowed to count anything you do now as CAS. And I believe that the new system of CAS asks for different projects with differing lengths of time. You can't get 150 hours from one activity. The exact rules vary from school to school. At my school, you can only get 20 hours in each category from one activity.

As with many things CAS, ask your CAS coordinator because every school operates slightly differently. We, for instance, couldn't count the same activity for more than one category full stop. You have to ask at your school if you want an answer which is 100% going to be true for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, for us, we have to get at least 50 hours for each, and have an equal ratio for creativity, action, and service. That's pretty much the only guideline, if we only have three activities, and one fills in the 50 hours in each group, it's okay. For instance, I have 50 hours of coaching swimming, 50 hours of theatre, singing, and choir, and 50 hours of tutoring. I'm not sure if that's even what you were talking about... Haha, but I hope it helped.