Must there be an organization affiliation with the activity?

I have just finished CAS, however, my IB Coordinator has just informed me that my activity supervisor must be affiliated with an organization. I had a different IBC last year and he told me that does not need to be the case.

As an example, I taught piano for free to another student at my school. I documented the hours, however, my current IBC has told me that I can not count the hours because the activity supervisor (her parent) is not affiliated with any organization. But when I asked my previous IBC last year about starting this activity, he said that it would be fine.

So I'm wondering, who is right?

I think that IB agrees with your old IBC, but different schools have different ways of doing CAS and different restrictions on them, so if your CAS coordinator/IBC is lenient/understanding, maybe explaining the situation to your current IBC with a backup from your old IBC will work. If not, I don't know what you can do. Sorry.