Economics IA portfolio

Hello all,

just a quick question to make absolutely sure i am not doing something wrong. my teacher doesnt teach the IB normally so she doesnt know, but for the portfolio is it ok to write 2 portfolios on the same section?

for example, would it be ok to write 1 commentary in micro, 2 in macro, then 1 in international?

thanks a lot!

As far as I know you can have 3 commentaries on 3 different sections, and the last one on two of the sections together (e.g. macro and micro). But I'm not sure if you can have 2 on the same section!!!

Good luck!

Edited by pomoni

Yes you can: Three of your commentaries must be on three different sections, and the fourth can be one of them repeated or two of them combined, or the last section. The four sections are Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, International Economics and Development Economics, if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT: Yeah, "Three out of the four commentaries must have as their main focus a different section of the syllabus, although it is acceptable for commentaries to make reference to other sections. The fourth commentary can focus either on a single section or can focus on two or more sections of the syllabus."

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 3