Math Matrices Research Paper

purrfectrebel

Oh....Really...Just wondering if anyone could possible help me out with this math essay porfolio thing...My teacher just sorta gave it to us and didn't really explain what to do so basically we're all on our own, trying to figure out what to do. Plus this is only our second year having IB at our school...Anyways I don't really understand what to do for the math research paper. I believe it is type one, but i don't know what that means. I don't want any previous essays, i don't think that's fair, but can anyone just sorta explain it to me? Any help would be much appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!! :):D

I'll assume you're talking about your math IA [internal assessment]. What my teacher said was for this one, you either see the pattern or you don't. Read through the instructions and spend about an hour max looking for the pattern on each part. If you don't see it at first, come back to it at a later time. Do the previous steps before you start the later ones. If you absolutely don't see the pattern, it kinda sucks. Try to show as much work as possible and your thinking process. You'll lose some points, but you'll still get credit for other stuff.

I'm not sure what Type 1 is exactly. I know Type 2 contains all of the modeling ones [you have to do one Type 1 and one Type 2 projects for your math portfolio which is your IA. Each is graded out of 20 points, and your teacher should be able to provide you with a rubric of how the points are given.]

I'll assume you're talking about your math IA [internal assessment]. What my teacher said was for this one, you either see the pattern or you don't. Read through the instructions and spend about an hour max looking for the pattern on each part. If you don't see it at first, come back to it at a later time. Do the previous steps before you start the later ones. If you absolutely don't see the pattern, it kinda sucks. Try to show as much work as possible and your thinking process. You'll lose some points, but you'll still get credit for other stuff.

I'm not sure what Type 1 is exactly. I know Type 2 contains all of the modeling ones [you have to do one Type 1 and one Type 2 projects for your math portfolio which is your IA. Each is graded out of 20 points, and your teacher should be able to provide you with a rubric of how the points are given.]

No ruberic was provided....Just some questions we are supposed to be able to just like...answer and i guess explain how to answer the questions...I dunno it doesn't make sense but thanks!!!

You're best off looking at some Mathematics (SL/HL??) type I examples found on IB Survival if you're completely lost with the format. Don't worry, this isn't cheating, they'll most probably be on a different task but should allow you to get the hang of what's required. Your portfolio is graded against criteria set by the IB, so you'll also want to look at that. Conveniently enough, that file is on IB Survival as well. You will - unfortunately - need to earn or buy VIP to access the files.