English A1 World Lit 2 Help, Please.

vodkabreath

I've decided to do Assignment 2c, a detailed study, on an extract from Miss Julie. I'm not sure how long the extract is meant to be, though. I've been told 26 lines? If anyone's more sure than I am about how many lines, let me know.

I'm doing mine on Miss Julie by August Strindberg, the scene where Jean chops off Miss Julie's bird's head just because it makes references to the story of John the Baptist, the bird is symbolic of Miss Julie, and it foreshadows Miss Julie's own suicide. Haha. I don't know, I'm confused.

By the way, am I meant to follow the same criterion as paper 1?

Any kind of help is appreciated, thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds like a good topic. We just did ours- I did 2b but I think 26 lines sounds right for the 2c people. It's a little different than WL paper 1 because its supposed to be more like a commentary or in-depth analysis than a normal essay, though I see how it could end up very similar if you did an analysis of a certain device or something. There is a packet that describes what 2c papers should be like- sorry but I don't know how I could get mine on to the computer w/o typing the whole thing, but I think IB or another website will have them posted.