N07 Bio HL Paper 1 and 2

Bandev

Hey did anyone else do Bio HL paper 1 and 2 on Friday?

How did you find them?

Which section B questions did you do?

I thought Paper 1 was quite easy there was only two questions which I wasn't sure about, and I know I got one of them correct. Did anyone get question 40, "How does water enter the root?" or something similar, and the options were Active transport (I think this is wrong water never travels by active transport), translocation (definitely not), Symplast pathway ( this is the one I chose but I am not sure, because this is water moving through the root not entering), Facilitated transport (is that like facilitated diffusion because I haven't heard of it this was my other option).

I thought paper 2 was moderate, I chose Q4(proteins, nerve impulses, motor neuron) and Q7(action spectrum, light-dependent, atmospheric CO2), the only thing I don't think i did well was action spectrum, but that was only 4 marks, so hopefully it won't matter too much.

Hey did anyone else do Bio HL paper 1 and 2 on Friday?

How did you find them?

Which section B questions did you do?

I thought Paper 1 was quite easy there was only two questions which I wasn't sure about, and I know I got one of them correct. Did anyone get question 40, "How does water enter the root?" or something similar, and the options were Active transport (I think this is wrong water never travels by active transport), translocation (definitely not), Symplast pathway ( this is the one I chose but I am not sure, because this is water moving through the root not entering), Facilitated transport (is that like facilitated diffusion because I haven't heard of it this was my other option).

I thought paper 2 was moderate, I chose Q4(proteins, nerve impulses, motor neuron) and Q7(action spectrum, light-dependent, atmospheric CO2), the only thing I don't think i did well was action spectrum, but that was only 4 marks, so hopefully it won't matter too much.

I do Biology SL and the test was extremely easy... however all my friends who do Biology HL told me that the test was horrible and that the ones who thought they could get a 7 are now going to get a 6. In mt case, the SL test was almost too easy, i hope the paper 3 is as well!

Did anyone get question 40, "How does water enter the root?" or something similar, and the options were Active transport (I think this is wrong water never travels by active transport), translocation (definitely not), Symplast pathway ( this is the one I chose but I am not sure, because this is water moving through the root not entering), Facilitated transport (is that like facilitated diffusion because I haven't heard of it this was my other option).

I don't do Biology, but I was reading some posts over at TSR, and the one you picked was correct. :D Just letting you know.

• 2 weeks later...