Creativity? Action?

I'm taking a NXT Robotics class at Tiger Woods Learning Center

and I was wondering if that could count towards Creativity hours of the CAS project.

We build robots and try to make them go through mazes and stuff in the class.

It is a week long class, 12 total hours.

Also, can helping the kids learn golf at TigerWoodsLearningCenter be counted as Action hours?

I know it can be Service for sure, but not too sure about Action, and I need hours for Action.

Thanks!

If you really need action, I think you can count the first one [robotics] as action. I'm pretty sure some of my friends here in the engineering academy participate in BEST robotics, and they use some competition time as action. It depends on your CAS coordinator's leniency.

About the golf, possible yes. Once again, ask. You might also be able to count the teaching golf as creativity, because, as your teachers know for sure, teaching little kids or any kids is never a straightforward process. It requires creativity on the instructor's part to get the kids to pay attention/do what you want them to do.

Good luck =)

The robotics one is creativity for sure, since you are actually building something new. Counting the robotics one for action may be a push and will depend on your coordinator.

the second one, teaching golf, can be counted towards your action hours. I used to teach table tennis and I counted that towards my action hours (but again my coordinator is very nice).

Robotics is definately creativity.

Teaching golf - if I were you I would split it equally between the three (Creativity, Action and Service). Well, I split my hours for coaching and my CAS coordinator approves it, so I am guessing that it should work for you also.