Help with Comparative Essay

zj4

The topic I chose for my essay has to do with the portrayal and significance of the outsider in chronicles of a death foretold by marquez and house of the spirits by allende. The difficulties i am having with this is that firstly with the format, is it supposed to be intro, point 1 compared, point 2 compared, point 3 compared, conclusion?

also can anyone help me think of points i could use in my essay? i'm having a blank and am having problems with this too.

The format sounds right, I'm just concerned that you've chosen a topic that you don't have any points for. What made you choose that topic? You must have found some evidence in the texts to support your thesis. I would suggest going back through the texts to find places where the portrayal and significance of the outsider shows up, which should help you find some similarities.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your question. What kind of problems are you having with the topic? If it's an unsupportable topic, it would be best to just choose something else.

• Like 2

Well, that format is a lot more professional than the format of:

Introduction

Book1

Book2

Conclusion

One thing you can do is initially write using the above format, then once you have the word count and all ideas simply using cut/paste, rearrange and place them where you want to follow the other format. (You will most definitely need to edit and add conjunctions just to make it coherent, but that is the basic plan) Good Luck.

• Like 2