Extra marks?

rabyl123

Hi my name is rabyl and fairly new to this community...

So my question was that some of my teachers sayed that for the ib program marks are different from the normal streams and some of the differences

were that ib gives you extra percents for exams and assessments...?? So for example if you and a guy in a regular stream got 70 percent on a familiar math test the ib guy would get 74 and he would still have 70 for comparison??????????

is this true!?!??!

Rabyl

pre ib 2010

I am not quite sure what you mean because for IB exams/assessment you will get a level between 1 and 7 and then that mark gets converted to a percentage mark (if that is the way your school does it). In IB you won't get extra marks as far as I know.

So for example if you and a guy in a regular stream got 70 percent on a familiar math test the ib guy would get 74 and he would still have 70 for comparison??????????

is this true!?!??!

I've never heard of that happening, but it's up to the teacher, not IB.

Are you asking if your school grades [separate from official IB grades] are padded for IB classes? Like if you get an 80% at the end of one term, you get 10 percentage points added on because you're in IB?

If so, then this is, once again, decided by the school and not IB.

Edit: Also, if a nonIB student is taking an IB class [this is rarely allowed] then the nonIB student will most likely have to do extra assignments that only IB students must do, like the Internal Assignments [iAs]. However, the nonIB student gets no IB marks for the IA while the IB student does get his IA marked. Most likely, the teacher will grade all of the students the same, whether they are in IB or not. The difference is if their work gets sent to IB to be officially moderated/graded. Once again, only IB students' work gets sent to IB.

Edited by sweetnsimple786

No, it's not true, if a person in a regular class gets 70% that is 70%. If you get 70% on a regular test in IB that is just 70%, you don't add any extra marks compared to regular class. If a I.B. students gets 70% on the final exam, it might translate to a 5 or 6 or 7 depending on the subject. When it's changed to a number you can translate that to a different comparable percentage depending on where you live.