What is the best time to take your SATs?

powa2

Hi, I'm a rising junior in Canada and I'm going to IB next year. I took the SAT 1 during my sophomore year but I plan on retaking that ^_^

My question is, what is the best time to take your SAT I and IIs ? Is it better to finish year 1 before taking those

or is it possible to prepare for them while taking the IB courses?

Thank you for your advice and sorry if this post has been made before.

Hi, I'm a rising junior in Canada and I'm going to IB next year. I took the SAT 1 during my sophomore year but I plan on retaking that ^_^

My question is, what is the best time to take your SAT I and IIs ? Is it better to finish year 1 before taking those

or is it possible to prepare for them while taking the IB courses?

Thank you for your advice and sorry if this post has been made before.

Yes, someone has asked this question before... SAT 1, i think since you have already taken it in your sophomore year, wait until the beginning of IB2, i believe sometime in October, as for SAT 2 the same thing, IB2 October, by then your english skills, math skills and the sciece you are going to take will be stronger and therefore hopefully get a higher grade.

• 4 weeks later...

I took SAT1s in March and May of my junior or IB1 year. I took SAT2 in June after I completed 1 year courses in Physics and Chemistry and 3 years in Spanish.

Unless you'll be vacationing with your family, take advantage of the June SAT!!! If you're ready to take SAT2 in June [because you've completed the courses and it's fresh on your mind] then that's the best scenario. If you don't take SAT2 in June, you'll want to take it in the fall obviously. Some unis require me to finish taking them by December while others say finish by January. I suggest that if you haven't finished your course that you want to take the SAT2 on, wait as long as you can.

For SAT1, May was really, really hectic. I knew it would be, but I didn't have another choice because I wanted to be done with standardized testing before my senior [iB2] year started. What I suggest is you take SAT1 once in the late winter/early spring of your IB1 year and once in the fall of your IB2 year. Plan it out now because you can either than SAT1 or SAT2 on a test date.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

I think its best to take it at the end of your Junior Year (IB1) or beginningofthe Senior year (IB2) at least that's wat the teachers r saying..

I am actually starting IB1 this year and i am also scheduled to do SATs in January 2010.

If u take SAT I in junior year, take SAT II in Senior year.

• 2 weeks later...

The best time to take the SATs is throughout your IB1 year. I know they offer it in October which is a good time to take it as well as June if youw ould like to retake it. You will always have some spare time to re-take it in your IB2 year (in October, for examle). But in different countries they offer it more often, check what it is for you especially. But this is what I think is the best, you will have more time in case you need to retake it again.

• 2 months later...

A lot of people wait to learn the material in the classroom (especially if you have further ecology for biology). The material is easy I am telling you. It would be fruitful that you study on your own and complete it all.

Please make sure you understand what the test is asking (much like you would for IB).

The ecology Bio SAT II test has a component of nutrition (relating to ecological performance and growth), so you must understand it as well. It is very chemically based, and asks for formulas and products (even reactants) of bodily organs and other things.

Best of luck on it! Take it for sure in June :P

hopefully you will be out of school some, and able to rest a week like I was able to, before testing in this time period.

Take the SAT I as early as possible your junior year because it's a pain. (I took it in November, then again in May). You can take English, Math or Language B SAT IIs in June and then I would advise taking the Science ones in the fall of IB2, but you can take them in June as well. Don't take three on one day- it's stressful!