Undergraduate Courses

hrdk

Hello people

I am new out here, so forgive me for any mistakes. I am appearing for my externals in May 2010 ;) and my subjects are Chem (HL), BM(HL), Eng (HL) and Math(SSL), French (SL), Physics(SL). Could anyone give me information on what carrear options i have after i completet my diploma and which undergraduate courses are available for these specific subjects.

Thank You

I can only comment on Europe and North America..If that is where you are going?Do you plan to study still in India? Or is that just a representation of your nationality like mine?..Well for North America, you really are not obligated to make a choice in high school. My school, being new, had panic attacks because people were given a short deadline to choose classes. It was wonderful to know what I wanted to pursue in life because I just had to sign the form and it was a done deal (well actually I fought with school representatives for 2 HL sciences, but u get the point). Point of that story: We were reminded once again that North America doesnt operate under elementary decisions. The classes you take in North America are not designated directly towards your graduation in college (for the most part). This is because most of the essential items are already met, you take a science + math + history + English - the classes most careers will require you to take so either way you have a leg up. It only becomes crucial when you are very specific. If you want to study quantum mechanics then obviously it would be wise to take HL math + physics + chem. If you want to be a doctor: 2-3 sciences. I really think you are looking at this wrong, if I may be frank with you please. You should not make a decision based on what you already have, but where you want to go. I know people who went as English Majors, kept up a 4.0 with few science classes that finished as surgeons. Your physics + chem opens doors to science itself.Business might shine bright in business itself, along with a notion that you can handle versatile subjects. If you are interested in Europe for studies, most programs will want to direct you with what you have, unlike US. You will be looking at a science possibly, perhaps one that involves research under company? That is, a chemist representative for a factory. Business + science would be perfect for this. You would be doing stuff like using products of chemical reactions in a more efficient way to make more money for the company. Reduce costs, messing around with equilibrium in order to get a ideal condition of money output =) Think about your question a little more, and I will be glad to help you more.Its clear he is bilingual and possibly learned English ;) ?Good for you :):)

Thank you for your replies. I am looking forward to either do computer sciences, architecture, political sciences or international relations. Either of these will do for me. Most probably i am moving gout of India for further education, though scholarships are my only hope..... :blink:

Architecture and Computer science sound unlikely [Math Studies (I assume) and Physics SL (although ok for some unis but not recommended)]. Political science and international relations sound very likely.

Edited by Forester

• 2 weeks later...