PreMedical Studies: nondesignated choices?

biochem

I am talking about those schools that don't have a direct 4-year path to lead you to actual Med School.

Those that just offer sciences for major/minors, along other classes.

I have heard take:

double major bio + chem

major bio, minor chem

major bio, minor: completely unique to stand out (language)

major chem, minor psychology

major bio + chem, minors psychology

Take nothing important, only prerequisites for science then play around with other classes that will get a 4.0 for academic excellence.

so all choices to make. What do you think is the best route to go for Major + Minors in order to prepare for MCATS.

Even the colleges I went to asked me if I would be interested in majoring in English and language, and not science at all.

Some of you are already in these majors, minors :) I'm thinking personally about Major: Bio + Minor: Chem + Chinese as side class.

Thank you! XD

I'm doing a bachelor of science under the psychology department as a behavioural neuroscience major (what a mouthful eh?).

Anyways, I see that as a good way in because I've got all my bases covered for the MCAT, plus it's something that's different as opposed to the biochemistry major that everyone does at my university.

However, you should just do whatever interests you and will give you the best marks.

If I don't get into med on my first try, I'm going to go back and do a joint honours in neuroscience and nutrition and a minor in biology and then try again :)

I like that, it's out of the realm of the typical.

I am regretting not taking Physics HL along with Bio + Chem.

History is of no importance what so ever, and The work I put into that class could have been used

to do work in Physics.

I have never really been more confused. For example, the website plans say for some universities to take

an extreme amount of physics, and I know why - that's what they are known for, that's their specialty.

Others put language into it for the heck of it (not really, to help you with English itself but still..)

Some schedules seem so irrelevant, preparing you not for MCAT, but also for Med School at the same time.

That is valuable space being used up for something not so important I think.

Its all a jungle-mess right now to me ;)