FEDS

SandraDJ

I attend the International School Eerde, in the Netherlands where we have created the 'FEDS', the Further Educational Development Society'. We have formed a society of students who are interested in helping other students but who also want more information on universities. What we do:

- We provide tutoring for students in need (CAS HOURS!!!)

- We provide help with studying issues (CAS HOURS!!!)

- We offer help concerning 'Further Educational Development' for our members - Uni visits (CAS HOURS!!!)

- We have weekly meetings in which we discuss what is going on and assign tutees to our tutors (CAS HOURS!!!)

Our members vary from form 4 students to IB one students. We have three board members, of which I am one. I am responsible for all the 'formal stuff'. One of the ideas we came up with, was to expand our society, or at least pass the idea on to other schools .. which is what I am trying to do now :P

As you can see, the society not only helps students in need of some academic help, but it also helps us in our struggle to obtain those 150 CAS hours :P! (which is great)

Maybe consider starting such a society in your school, it's fun, helpful and you're doing something for someone else :)

Please reply if there are any questions or comments on this topic!