Struggling with TOK presentation...confused with what they're looking for.

scstdnt

I am having my TOK presentation soon, but I am getting really stressed out about it because I am not sure what to do and what the teachers are looking for. The presentation format, etc.

I do not even know what I've learnt in TOK for the past year...it's so frustrating, getting out of classes and not even knowing what I've got out of the class.

I don't even know what is really a knowledge issue.

Any advice people can offer me?

Thanks...

Thats very shocking to be honest, you should know the rudiments of the nature of knowledge...

the TOK presentation looks for a convincing analysis of something, giving it a light of analysis that simply lends itself as a nuetral look at something.

a knowledge issue is anything that has a counterclaim on the practical level..

so I say something like lets build a new home on the moon - there is about thousands of implications here that cross intothe knowledge issue area. here are some of the examples:

1. how do we take accountability for introducing new species into a lifeless planet

2. what is the price to pay for making strict ethical topics or punishable offenses: to be more exact..lets say u move to a new planet. you establish that in order to stay safe in the bubble, the population must work together to never harm the protective shell. now someone wants to kill themselves, and they harm the protective layer that holds the structure of the city. to make sure no such events ever happen, laws state that any harm done to the bubble will result in death as punishment. but what if someone harmed something out of an accident? would it be justifiable to use such harsh punishment in order to protect the population?

3. so knowledge issues are those problems, paradoxes or issues you might have with something..

like: how can be trust an electron microscope, if we dont even know if an electron is a wave or solid particle...what are the limitations in using the electron microscope, and what implication does this have?

• Like 2