Is the IB a natural loner?

Sandwich

My school had both the IB and a rather crappy American High School diploma. In the first year some high school kids came into IB classes but that was about it. It was a bit annoying because we sometimes went slower for those poor souls who were able to catch up. However the IB was given first priority and all our teachers were IB trained so no foreign syllabi were taken into consideration.

Same here...It never ceases to amaze me how about 85% of American diploma graduates in our school graduate and still manage to not have any idea whatsoever about the basics of a decent essay!

We have the same problem in IB too. The beginning of the year always starts out with about 30-40 students, and surprisingly, after the first semester, we end up having about 15 students left! =| It's truly funny how C students in our school can even enter the IB Diploma Programme when it's SO easy to get an A+.

Edited by Masooma

• 4 weeks later...

My school offers the IB diploma, Ib Certificate, AP diploma, Honors QSI diploma and the regulaer QSI Diploma.

I think 'pure' IB school is much better because then you know for sure that the teachers know the material very well. Although, there might be some exceptions made in that statement.