Pre-Ib Help Pls😔

Flower342

Hi I'm in grade 9 pre-ib,

Since I started the year my grades haven't been the best, especially in HL math.

I pay attention, do the homework, and yet don't get a higher than a 90 average. 

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I want to higher my grades up to 95 like they were last year. 

Does anybody know anything that will help with that?

Thx for reading. 

Hi! A 90 average is amazing! The very fact that you are trying tells you that you will succeed in IB! If you are truly concerned about your grades, then I would say focus on understanding, ditch memorization, do your work 1 week in advance if possible. These are extreme measures, but I was also a stressed 9th grade student trying to maintain a 4.0 gpa about 2 years ago, but take my advice, do not get burnt out in 9th and 10th grade, just give it your all for 11-12th. Hope this helps! 

13 minutes ago, Jea said:

Hi! A 90 average is amazing! The very fact that you are trying tells you that you will succeed in IB! If you are truly concerned about your grades, then I would say focus on understanding, ditch memorization, do your work 1 week in advance if possible. These are extreme measures, but I was also a stressed 9th grade student trying to maintain a 4.0 gpa about 2 years ago, but take my advice, do not get burnt out in 9th and 10th grade, just give it your all for 11-12th. Hope this helps! 

Really? I was told that a 90 average wasn't good and to get into high uni's I need a 95 or more.

Any tips for Math ( i'm kinda struggling to get a 4).

Thanks.😁

Edited by Flower342

12 minutes ago, Flower342 said:

Really? I was told that a 90 average wasn't good and to get into high uni's I need a 95 or more.

Any tips for Math ( i'm kinda struggling to get a 4).

Thanks.😁

you are only in 9th grade (right?), and unis start looking at gpa in 11-12, rarely 10. Also if you are in 9th grade, how are you getting IB scores? I was in MYP in 9th.

6 minutes ago, Jea said:

you are only in 9th grade (right?), and unis start looking at gpa in 11-12, rarely 10. Also if you are in 9th grade, how are you getting IB scores? I was in MYP in 9th.

My school grades out of a 1 to 4 scale. image.png.b575cd61db7710b87701c16e0245383f.png                                                                                                             However, I personally feel like I have to get them up, and my parents agree that they are low.