Relaxation methods

So it's the end of IB Year 1, and I've basically got a world of IAs and tests to do before the glorious bliss that is summer comes around. I'm basically a living zombie right now - consistently trying to stay awake through all my classes and through all my homework. All this work is really breaking me down and, more importantly, decreasing my efficiency level...

Therefore, I was wondering: what do you do for relaxing? Maybe we can share some ideas and pool some thoughts together. :)

For me, I like to go jogging and do yoga - something I do weekly. Or bi-weekly, if I have the time. Sigh. :P Obviously I need something that I'll get into, even when I've got 3 quizzes and a test the next day. :P

I take a bike ride nowadays when i see no point in staying at the computer when no more is being remembered.

I really find that you have to remove yourself from a procrastination situation, and just reflect on it.

I went for coffee and lunch today, and thought about what my goals were in the beginning of it all - went back home and studied bio like crazy :P

Oh and I have to add..This is like a new thing for me - but shockingly it does wonders.

Listen to this song: Yolanda Adams- I Believe

its really amazing and uplifting :)

try it and you will see what I mean :P

Edited by biochem

• 2 weeks later...

A man's special time.

I lol'd

I write music, plug in my guitar, blast said music, and eventually play a gig with it. It sounds stressful I guess, and not particularly helpful for taking more time up, but it's so great to have a big hobby like that.

Especially if you play rock music and you can swear like Eminem just stubbed his toe. Just flowwsss the stress out.

When I find myself overwhelmed (which is pretty much constantly), I like to sweat it out. Going for a run, dancing, stretching, doing some crunches, and hopping on the stationary bike have always been effective methods for me to alleviate some of my anxiety.

However, I sometimes would rather wind down to relax. It really depends on what I've been doing throughout the day. Just reading, writing in my journal, or watching a favourite movie can be extremely therapeutic for me.

It is soon my finals and since all the finals are commutative, I do stress out alot these days. Though exercising and moving around does make my mind and my body relax, I try to refrain from exercising for relaxation these days. One reason could be that I will get tired and will not be able to concentrate studying at night.

Therefore, I try to sit down and get my favorite books and read for awhile or skim around. Music also helps. Or I also like to take a good bath then sit in front of the computer for awhile then get back to my work.

• 1 month later...

Most of the times , when I'm done with all of my duties for the day and I'm in a desperate need to relax , I prepare a good hot bath with lots of bubbles and other relaxation products.

After that I go to bed for a good night sleep :P

P.S. It works trust me, the next day I always feel full of energy!