m14

Hey! My exams are in May 2025 and so far I've been doing these subjects:

• Math AA HL
  • Physics HL
  • Econ HL
  • English LaL SL
  • Italian A SSST SL
  • Chemistry SL

My goal is to get into a top university in the US or UK in physics (astrophysics) or aerospace engineering, right now I'm predicted all 7s and a 6 in AA (although I know this early it doesn't count for much) except for chemistry where I'm predicted a 5. The thing is I didn't want to take chemistry, I don't understand it and it's the subject I study most for even though it's only an SL subject and I have time consuming subjects at HL already so I absolutely despise it. UK unis mostly don't require it for the degrees I wan't to do but US university websites say nothing about what subjects they want or prefer, and I need my application to be as strong as possible.

Since I'm already doing the bilingual diploma and Physics and AA at HL I was thinking of dropping Chemistry for Business SL since it would be so much easier and way less time consuming and I could probably get a 7 compared to Chemistry where I'm suffering with easy concepts. However I'm worried that it will make my application look weaker as Business is seen as an "easy 7" subject. I'm also two weeks past the deadline to change subjects (we only get the first term) so I need to decide as soon as possible and it won't be easy to convince the school. I really need help, what should I do? 

Edited by m14