Help for IB Application

DJS

Hello, I am grade 8 and I am preparing for the IB program. I want to go to Colonel By High School.

I want to know if there are any tips for preparing this exam. I asked my teacher in my school, but she just said you can't prepare for it. However, I can't fail this test, and I am having trouble with English. Are there any good ways to help me improve my writing on an IB entrance exam? Does TOEFL help?

Also, how hard is the test? Is the math hard, or do I need to study it? I heard that it was easy. 

Lastly, is it okay if I got a G in my progress report? Or does that count as a huge disadvantage during the entrance?

21 hours ago, DJS said:

Hello, I am grade 8 and I am preparing for the IB program. I want to go to Colonel By High School.

I want to know if there are any tips for preparing this exam. I asked my teacher in my school, but she just said you can't prepare for it. However, I can't fail this test, and I am having trouble with English. Are there any good ways to help me improve my writing on an IB entrance exam? Does TOEFL help?

Also, how hard is the test? Is the math hard, or do I need to study it? I heard that it was easy. 

Lastly, is it okay if I got a G in my progress report? Or does that count as a huge disadvantage during the entrance?

I applied for IB at Merivale last year, but I didn't get in due to a mistake on my end. However, I'm going to apply again this year. I believe the process is similar to last year's. For the English exercise, it is not a live test. They will provide a Google Doc on November 23. The Google Doc will have four pictures. You can pick one for your story. You have until December 20th to complete it, along with the questionnaire. The math test will be taken in January. The math test is relatively easy, and you should be able to do it. It is like parts A and B of the Pascal/Gauss. Lastly, the G on your progress report should not make a difference. If it is just one, don't worry about it. Good luck!!

On 11/19/2023 at 7:09 PM, b4w3ja said:

I applied for IB at Merivale last year, but I didn't get in due to a mistake on my end. However, I'm going to apply again this year. I believe the process is similar to last year's. For the English exercise, it is not a live test. They will provide a Google Doc on November 23. The Google Doc will have four pictures. You can pick one for your story. You have until December 20th to complete it, along with the questionnaire. The math test will be taken in January. The math test is relatively easy, and you should be able to do it. It is like parts A and B of the Pascal/Gauss. Lastly, the G on your progress report should not make a difference. If it is just one, don't worry about it. Good luck!!

Ok, thank you !