Grade 9 IB entrance help

MountBlank

On 10/7/2023 at 4:55 PM, MountBlank said:

How can I prepare for the upcoming entrance test for IB for grade 9? It's in november 2023 and I'm really confused. I heard there was a writing prompt but my guidance councillor said she didn't know for sure. PLS HELP YALL

It honestly depends 'cause here in my school there isn't but my American friend did have 

On 10/12/2023 at 4:22 PM, MountBlank said:

Oh ok Is there any way or tips for me to polish my writing?

Some tips that would help ( that really helped me) memorize a lot of synoyms for words that are not so great like instead of saying so say therefore its those details that will really enrich your writing and your vocabulary. But it really depends what school you're applying to too and what they do.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2023 at 3:22 PM, MountBlank said:

Oh ok Is there any way or tips for me to polish my writing?

My best advice is to be mindful of the deadline. The essay might seem daunting right now, but the word limit is a lot less than you think it would be. It might also help to read other students essays and to improve your own. It also helps to be particular with word choice and proofread it thoroughly and frequently. Maintaining voice also helps. For example, if you are trying to have professional tone, try to avoid words like “good” and use a synonym. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, MountBlank said:

How can I prepare for the upcoming entrance test for IB for grade 9? It's in november 2023 and I'm really confused. I heard there was a writing prompt but my guidance councillor said she didn't know for sure. PLS HELP YALL

How was your test?