Psych Expectations

becca_mae57

Although I am not taking Psych, one of my best friends does, and basically described this.

Psychology IB is very fun and interesting. In her opinion, it's probably the most interesting course you will take in high school. However, this is only if you have a keen interest in psychology.

You will need to do like a case study ever other day. (In her class anyway) Once finishing each new case, they are always required to write a full 2 page report on it.

So basically you have to like writing a lot.

An easier aspect of the course however is that they incorporate movies into the course in order to see good examples of psychological disorders. (In my school)

the four compulsory topics of IB psychology are as follows

* development and cultural contexts

* framework

* methodologies

* application.

Maybe research it some more

I agree with the first comments there, about Psych being interesting if you have a keen interest in Psychology. I do, so I love the class! However, we don't have a lot of case studies or reports to write. I think this depends mostly on your teacher and how they decide to cover the syllabus. Mostly we work with notes and handouts, along with lectures. (My teacher really sucks, by the way!) I really like Psychology and plan to get a degree in it, but you should have some interest in it before you start, otherwise it's hard to keep up with all of the info and stuff you have to memorize. For me, it's one of my "easier" classes because I have really good English writing skills, and because I like the subject. :P