Choosing/Changing Ib subjects (Math AA HL, Bio HL, Chem HL currently)

Help my friends, 

I am currently entering the first year of the IB diploma and have chosen the following as my subjects: 

• Math AA HL
  • Biology HL
  • Chem HL
  • Italian B SL
  • History SL
  • English Lang Lit SL 

I like all these subjects, and I am not bad at any of them. However, I have heard repeatedly that this is pretty much suicide(Difficulty wise and generally studying wise), so I am wondering if I should change it. I am trying to aim for at least a 38 out of 42 (without extra points). And it is recommended by the uni I want to attend that I have a HL in Math (IA is not available in my school), a HL in science, and a HL in English (I am horrendous in English). I have time to change until the end of September.

I sincerely ask for your opinion on the matter. Cause Lord Jesus, I wanna have an actual life.

Hi, M23 here.

I took the same HL subjects as you and it wasn't anything close to suicide. Yes, 2 science HLs and Math AA is considered to be the hardest combination possible, but it's totally doable if you put in the time and effort. Do lots of past paper questions during revision and if you genuinely like these subjects, you should be all set.

I don't know what country or uni you're looking at, but it's unusual that they're asking for a language HL, especially if you're going into a STEM field (which I believe you are, considering your HLs). And since you're not confident in English, I would strongly advise you not to take it as an HL. What subject do you want to study specifically? This will help my replies be catered towards your situation and aspirations.

Just now, monetsmoney said:

Hi, M23 here.

I took the same HL subjects as you and it wasn't anything close to suicide. Yes, 2 science HLs and Math AA is considered to be the hardest combination possible, but it's totally doable if you put in the time and effort. Do lots of past paper questions during revision and if you genuinely like these subjects, you should be all set.

I don't know what country or uni you're looking at, but it's unusual that they're asking for a language HL, especially if you're going into a STEM field (which I believe you are, considering your HLs). And since you're not confident in English, I would strongly advise you not to take it as an HL. What subject do you want to study specifically? This will help my replies be catered towards your situation and aspirations.

For context, I got a 45 while juggling ECs like club leader, blog writing, symposiums, essays, and hobbies like socializing with friends and being on the internet. Like I said, it requires dedication and consistency, but if you manage your time well enough and revise frequently, you can have a nice IB life alongside your hobbies.

6 hours ago, monetsmoney said:

For context, I got a 45 while juggling ECs like club leader, blog writing, symposiums, essays, and hobbies like socializing with friends and being on the internet. Like I said, it requires dedication and consistency, but if you manage your time well enough and revise frequently, you can have a nice IB life alongside your hobbies.

Thanks for replying; I really appreciate it.

I am planning to either take biochemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences at the university. The reason why it is recommended to take a HL in English is so that when I graduate, I will have similar qualifications as if I had gone to graduate school in the country where I would attend university (Switzerland). It doesn't really matter for me because I do speak English on at least a C1 level, and when I go to Switzerland, I just need to prove that I actually do by way of a short test.

Thanks again.