Can you convert your History IA into your EE?

sweetnsimple786

Hey. I just got my teacher's comments about my history IA back today, and he gave me a 23/25 and some very interesting comments.

I realized that I'd like to make my EE an expansion of my IA. My topic/question for the IA was "To What Extent Did Anti-Semitism Play a Role In America's Apathy Toward The Holocaust As It Occurred?"

Do you think it's acceptable to take the same idea, perhaps not the same exact question, and flesh it out? My history teacher told me to ask my IB coordinator, but today was the last day of school until mid August, and I won't be contacting my coordinator until then.

What do you think?

Edit: Previous font=minuscule

Edited by sweetnsimple786

I'm not absolutely sure.

On one hand, my history teacher told the History EE people in our class to do an IA topic that could relate to the history curriculum and their EE to "kill two birds with one stone," or at least that idea.

On the other hand, I swore I saw some rule that that could count as malpractice, but I think that's only if you submit EXACTLY the same thing.

Perhaps it would be best to talk to your coordinator first (try e-mailing?), but I don't see why not.

By the way, 23/25 is an awesome mark with the new critera! :) Mine's on the Cuban revolution; it's due in about a month and I have yet to start.. haha.

Although I'm sure someone could try to write a History EE and a History IA on the same topic, however I strongly discourage this. It will probably not prevent you from getting a diploma, however I still think its a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.

In my IB class, we were not allowed to do the same topic for our EE and IA. Our History teacher was given a list of names from all the students who wrote History EEs, their topics, candidate numbers, and mentors. Supposedly we had to include this list with the IAs before mailing them off. So in a nutshell, no. Don't be stupid and put in your credibility at risk. Actually apply yourself and put in the extra work necessary to get good grades on both your EE and your History IA.

Edited by flsweetheart422