East, West by Salman Rushdie IOP

Even though I did not read the book I can help you on the IOP. For one thing you should not make your presentation just about the book in general, that would be too broad, and you only have 15 minutes to address your topic.

What I recommend is you narrow it down to a specific topic about the book, such as the characterization of a character in the book, a reoccurring theme, similarities to a character from the book and a character in another book, etc.

For my IOP I discussed the methods of control used by the governments of 1984 and Brave New World, and for my actual presentation I created a video where I "interviewed" Big Brother and Mustapha Mond. I did very well on my presentation, so I recommend you make it creative instead of the mundane powerpoint presentation.

I hope this helped.

hello everyone!

i'm doing my IOP on East, West by Salman Rushdie but i d'knw where to start!

can i have some help in this please? any hints or clues as to where i should focus on and where i can get my sources from?

Hey mate!

Ok to start off with if you haven't read the book read it! For further clues and ideas in order to write your essay about it go on sparknotes.com and see if you can find the book and if you can then read the section on themes, motifs and symbols this might be very helpful. If you don't find it on sparknotes.com try to identify those key features on your own, take into account how it makes you react. Is the narrator reliable, do you feel connected to the characters and so on. What is the goal of the boak, what is trying to achieve is there this constant drone reminding you of something, like a moral or something? Be specific to the text in your writing. Chose like a section or a specific character or setting and talk about that specifically whilst showing your understanding of the novel as a whole.

As for the sources, check another printed version of the book and see if there is a prologue written by some one documenting the book to get other ideas and a secondary source.

Hope this helped.

Edited by Bishup

Even though I did not read the book I can help you on the IOP. For one thing you should not make your presentation just about the book in general, that would be too broad, and you only have 15 minutes to address your topic.

What I recommend is you narrow it down to a specific topic about the book, such as the characterization of a character in the book, a reoccurring theme, similarities to a character from the book and a character in another book, etc.

For my IOP I discussed the methods of control used by the governments of 1984 and Brave New World, and for my actual presentation I created a video where I "interviewed" Big Brother and Mustapha Mond. I did very well on my presentation, so I recommend you make it creative instead of the mundane powerpoint presentation.

I hope this helped.

thanks for the info. ! :P

hello everyone!

i'm doing my IOP on East, West by Salman Rushdie but i d'knw where to start!

can i have some help in this please? any hints or clues as to where i should focus on and where i can get my sources from?

Hey mate!

Ok to start off with if you haven't read the book read it! For further clues and ideas in order to write your essay about it go on sparknotes.com and see if you can find the book and if you can then read the section on themes, motifs and symbols this might be very helpful. If you don't find it on sparknotes.com try to identify those key features on your own, take into account how it makes you react. Is the narrator reliable, do you feel connected to the characters and so on. What is the goal of the boak, what is trying to achieve is there this constant drone reminding you of something, like a moral or something? Be specific to the text in your writing. Chose like a section or a specific character or setting and talk about that specifically whilst showing your understanding of the novel as a whole.

As for the sources, check another printed version of the book and see if there is a prologue written by some one documenting the book to get other ideas and a secondary source.

Hope this helped.

i tried sparknotes.com. they didn't have anything on East, West or Salman Rushdie, sadly. but really, thanks for the help! :P