I am screwed worse than the pooch...

Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think I'm going into the family buisiness of doing absolutely bananas...

Boy, Did my marks look bad...

A 65 in English, and Physics

A 70 in Math, Calculus, and SS

A 75 in FSL A-1

I'M DOOMED TO LIVE A LIFE OF GOING TO UNIVERSITY WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO MOVE OUT...

(Yeah, sure I have the Money to pay for all Four Years of Hayaskane School of Buisiness, here in Calgary, but Residency was my big thing... I wanted to get out of the house...)

So while my Classmates and I will be accepted for Early Acceptance... I kinda screwed the IB portion, and lost the chance to guarantee residency...

Not just that, but the marks for Early Acceptance are based on Grade 11, not 12... So I can't make up for it...

WILL SOMEBODY HIT ME?!?

(Preferably with a spiky blunt object...)

Grade 11 doesn't mean anything at all for Canadian universities, except for early admissions. My grade 11 average was 81%, with a 69% in physics and 79% in math. Then I actually started trying, and now I'm over the 90% hump. I have gotten into all the unis of my choice. My point is that while a disappointing grade 11 year is not good, it's not the end of the world. Study hard, and work for high marks in grade 12. Then everything will fall into place.

I'm going to assume you're talking about Grade 11 marks?

IT'S FINE. REALLY, YOU'RE GOING TO BE OKAY IF THAT'S THE CASE.

GRADE 11 MARKS DON'T MATTER. Just remember that. As for Calculus and any other Grade 12 marks you may have screwed up, retake it in the summer. Anyone in Canada can go to a decent university if they bust their ass in Grade 12. Thank God for the reduced competition for university entrances in our country (remember - there are more igloos than there are people in Canada >.< ).

On a bit more serious note, if it's any consolation, I screwed up my Grade 11 marks this year too on purpose in favour of devoting more time to my Grade 12 courses. :sadnod:

And early acceptance? JUST AN EGO BOOST! Sure, it's satisfying... but does it really give you an advantage? Not really.

By the way, I thought there was guaranteed residence for first-year students in most Canadian unis?

Edited by greaterthaninfinity