Sweden screws the IB

Guest saraabramson

It's actually an IBO-wide policy if I am not mistaken, your school is probably not aware of it or hasn't simply told you about it - I know a lot of people from the year above that did no social sciences and Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of bad things about the Swedish school system although I don't know that much about it, some UK universities don't even accept it as A-level equivalent apparently...

Okay if it is so I can only think of the problem as financial. Biology and physics classes are always parallell on the IB schedule at my place so I guess then there is simply a lack of money as resource. Honestly I thought IBO to be narrow-minded not offering to take all three natural sciences, I know now it's just a local misfortune.

However the headline of this thread remains intact for yet another while...

Okay if it is so I can only think of the problem as financial. Biology and physics classes are always parallell on the IB schedule at my place so I guess then there is simply a lack of money as resource. Honestly I thought IBO to be narrow-minded not offering to take all three natural sciences, I know now it's just a local misfortune.

However the headline of this thread remains intact for yet another while...

Haha, indeed! I followed this incident quite closely back when it was first in the news (I'm the vice chairman of the association for Finnish IB students so always pretty interested to see what kind of things are happening to students in other countries as improving uni admissions has always been important to us, tbh you Swedes should do something similar) and I thought this was decided against in the end actually.