How well does Economics fit in social socience?

I don't really understand your first question :) , sorry.

And I took econ at HL and got university equivalent credits for it. If you're planning on getting credits in uni, then yeah it'll need to be HL. But either way, econ HL isn't particularly difficult, no harm in taking it at HL regardless :D .

If I'm interpreting correctly, you're asking if a degree in social science includes economics.

Yes, you can major in social sciences with a concentration in economics. The concentration can be macro or micro.

For example, look at what this university offers:

http://www.rosemont.edu/uwc/academics/pdf/...8-09_social.pdf

BA= bachelor in arts, which is the first degree you can get. Um I don't know how unis do it around the world (eek, ignorance) but after secondary school, you'd go to college (university) and spend 4 years to get a bachelor's degree, four more years for a Master's, and four more for a doctorate. Some people finish quicker than 4 years, and some take longer. It depends on the subject and the person

In American universities, there are degrees called Social Sciences. In the UK there aren't, Social Sciences is the name of the entire faculty and within it there are separate courses for Economics, Geography, History, Politics, etc. (which are all Social Sciences). So you would have to study that degree in the US, unless you want to specialize right away and know that you want to study only Economics (in which case you should go to the UK).