English paper 2 exam (A1)

hi guys just a question on the paper 2 exam for english HL. I have just been looking over some past paper questions (in preparation for the final IB exams 2009). Our class studied drama for the exams, but i noticed that there are "general questions on literature" which no one (at least in my school) has ever said a word about. Maybe its just paranoia coming into the final exams but I was wandering if there is any disadvantage to answering these questions? Do the examiners look at it negatively, could someone please tell me a bit about them because I really haven't got a clue :S

Thanks

hi guys just a question on the paper 2 exam for english HL. I have just been looking over some past paper questions (in preparation for the final IB exams 2009). Our class studied drama for the exams, but i noticed that there are "general questions on literature" which no one (at least in my school) has ever said a word about. Maybe its just paranoia coming into the final exams but I was wandering if there is any disadvantage to answering these questions? Do the examiners look at it negatively, could someone please tell me a bit about them because I really haven't got a clue :S

Thanks

Since you are studying Drama you have the option to answer a "Drama" question or a "general questions on literature." No it is not looked at differently, or any less. They just add the last part for more options.

As Ruan said, you have to choose only ONE question of those six (2 for Drama and 4 for General Questions). In both cases, you MUST refer to at least 2 of the literary works you have studied for that question (i.e two plays you have studied for the course). Whether you choose Drama or General Questions is the same; the key is focusing your answer on two of the plays, analysing them thoroughly (bearing in mind what is being asked).