BioMedical Engineering

hanz

Well hello everyone, as you see the topic explains itself. I really want to get into Engineering, in BioMed. and i really REALLY hate something called physics ! i am in IB1 taking Chemistry HL and Biology HL . and i dropped physics BECAUSE I HATE IT ! but i am really interested into getting into BioMedical Engineering, but i hate physics, do u have to be good in it or even like it so u can do good or even get into BioMedical Engineering ?

[quote name='__inthemaking' post='40925' date='Mar 19 2009, 12:41 AM']Getting into ANY engineering program requires physics. You should be taking physics HL.[/quote]

Yes, but my sister is into Chemical Pharmaceatical Engineering and she did not take Physics HL, she took instead Chemistry HL and Biology HL. and i heard that BioMed engineering has alot of biology more than physics !

[quote name='Mahuta' post='41079' date='Mar 20 2009, 05:30 AM']I think it depends on the university. Like for medecine, some univerities require chemistry and physics and not bio, while otehrs require chemistry and biology with no physics.[/quote]
Really? That's so... odd. [img]http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/lolwut.gif[/img] Can you give an example of such a university? It sounds interesting and I've never heard about it before.

OP - since it's biomed eng, specifically, and it encompasses all 3 sciences, unis might prioritize difference subject courses differently. So do your research and tell us what you find. XD

Yep, as far as I know all engineering degrees require physics.

Try biomed science if you don't like physics, or biochem...or something. The thing is that in most engineering degrees, even if you get accepted with no physics, they'll probably require you to take physics, which puts you at a big disadvantage as far as your GPA is concerned.

[quote]Really? That's so... odd. Can you give an example of such a university? It sounds interesting and I've never heard about it before.[/quote]

Yup i'll ask the person that was told by the UNI that they don't require medecine. XD
And yeah, it is odd, but perhaps because they will be teaching biology stuff in the foundation year anyways?