Would I get in a Biology/Biochemistry course in US/Canada?

Ib_slave

I am taking Biology HL and have taken a year of normal Chemistry classes. However, I have never taken Physics as my school does not allow me to take both sciences together. Do I have a shot if getting in a Biology/Biochemistry/Neuroscience course or anything for pre-med in US or Canada given that I get good predicted grades?

[quote name='freelancer_girl' post='40825' date='Mar 18 2009, 04:06 AM']I am taking Biology HL and have taken a year of normal Chemistry classes. However, I have never taken Physics as my school does not allow me to take both sciences together. Do I have a shot if getting in a Biology/Biochemistry/Neuroscience course or anything for pre-med in US or Canada given that I get good predicted grades?[/quote]
I think so. For Canada, you don't even need all 3 sciences, just two of the three or something like that - first year, you take introductory physics. What universities are you looking at specifically in Canada? McGill, UBC, UofT...?

[quote name='Irene' post='40834' date='Mar 18 2009, 12:16 PM']I think so. For Canada, you don't even need all 3 sciences, just two of the three or something like that - first year, you take introductory physics. What universities are you looking at specifically in Canada? McGill, UBC, UofT...?[/quote]

I'm applying to UBC and I'm hoping to go to med school at the same university afterwards. Any advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated! :D

You certainly have a chance. Most "premed" programmes in Canada are life sci / biomed sci; both of which have no specific science prerequisites other than Chemistry (for most schools anyway). You do however need English, Math, and at least 2 science/math courses (including Chemistry). However, I do advise you to take physics in the summer. The pace in university is generally faster and it'd be good if you had a physics foundation before taking physics in university.