Philosophy EE

Mike

I think you could do a comparison between two certain people. there is absolutely, mountain hills of analysis based on theory of communism and what led certain individuals to take the opportunity under the right conditions. So looking at 2 of them, through a philosophical perspective would be interesting. But great topic really :sick:

Sounds really interesting, it would be great fun to write. But I'd suggest narrowing it down a bit. With the title "A philosophical approach to why Communism fails in practice but not in theory.", I don't think you'd have enough room to both analyse why communism fails in practice, and defend it in principle. You'd really be pushing that in 4000 words, in my opinion. You can't have the "doesn't fail in theory" without a really robust defence, because that's controversial, and a lot of people would disagree. And you can't just have that assumption that in theory it's all good, you'd lose marks for that.

I'd suggest maybe something along the lines of "Why does communism turn out in practice so different to the theory?". That way you'd be able to go more in depth, and not just skim the surface of the two parts of your original topic question.

Good luck! I finished my philosophy EE a few months back, it's a lot of fun.

I agree with Biochem, maybe it'd be better if you took two prominent communist thinkers, or a particular theme within communism and then did that? It's a great topic, but you might find that faarrr too overwhelming for 4000 words, particularly if you're going to be able to analyse all of the ideas in enough detail. You could probably stretch a single aspect of communism out into 4000 words P:

It's a brilliant exercise to do a Philosophy EE but in order to go in depth enough and get the most out of all your thoughts, you might want to try for something a little less mammoth. What I found most helpful when doing mine was looking at the example essays (especially #3) on the 50 Excellent Extended Essays package (do a google search if you want to find them). That really helps give you an idea of what you're looking to achieve in terms of focus and will definitely help you sort your ideas out. At least, I hope so. Best of luck!