Durham

eblake

Hi all,

I was accepted with conditions to Durham today, and I have two questions that maybe you can answer.

1. What does it mean that I have lower conditions for Durham than everyone else here? (Mine is only 36 points.) Is it simply that less is expected of me because my predicteds are just lower? :sick:

2. On UCAS, apparently I selected "campus 4". I admit I didn't do my research with regards to the colleges at Durham, so likely my choice was random. Can anyone tell me what "campus 4" is, so I can pay my due and look it up now?

Your help is really, really appreciated. Thank you in advance.

- me

Edited by eblake

Congratulations! Is Durham your first choice?

I didn't apply to Durham myself (they don't offer a course that suits me, although I do love the sound of the place!), so I don't know about your second question.

However, your condition being lower than others' might be because you applied to a different course than others here have? What did you apply to? Very few universities that I've heard of set conditions according to predicted grades, so it is unlikely that your conditions are lower because your predicteds are lower.

Oh, I didn't know conditions are determined by program. It does seem kind of obvious now though.. haha.

Durham is something like my third choice. I applied to PPE. I'll probably look around the student room to find out what the other admittees were asked of.

If anyone here was accepted to PPE at Durham, please post your conditions here.

Thanks Hyperbole =)

Edited by eblake

Campus code 4 refers to St Cuthbert's Society. The fact that your conditions are a bit lower is probably due to the course you applied to. I applied to history, and Durham is known to be very competitive for history, hence a bit higher conditions. Besides anyway, why would they make lower offer for lower predicteds,you'd think they want the best applicants.

[quote name='Scade' post='38838' date='Mar 3 2009, 09:55 PM']Campus code 4 refers to St Cuthbert's Society. The fact that your conditions are a bit lower is probably due to the course you applied to. I applied to history, and Durham is known to be very competitive for history, hence a bit higher conditions. Besides anyway, why would they make lower offer for lower predicteds,you'd think they want the best applicants.[/quote]
They did give you a lower-than-normal offer, Scade. But I don't think that's because your predicteds are sub-par :sick: .