Analyzing Statistically

Negin

My extended essay is on Psychology. I'm comparing students' personality types and comparing it to their class achievements to see whether the two are related to each other. The personality type test I used was the MBTI, so the extended essay is basically checking if (for example) you have a ISTJ personality, does that mean your grades would normally be higher than a person with an ESTJ personality type?

Of course, it's comparing all the different 16 personality types, and explaining it gets a little hard, but anyway. :)

I have all the data, all the personality types and the corresponding class achievements, but now I'm supposed to compare them using a statistical test that compares the mean values. I've searched and searched but I have no idea what test I have to use (most likely because I have no idea what the difference between a nominal, ordinal, or interval variable is), but I know the [i]t[/i]-test obviously won't work here.

Can anyone help me?