A question on English A1 EE-Faulkner

xoxoemily91

Hi, I want to do an English A1 EE on Faulkner. I just need some advice. Is it better to do a comparison between two of faulkner's short stories? For example Carsonne and A Rose for Emily. Is it too short so it'll be hard to write an EE? Also, when the EE guide says to use outside sources, can I use the internet? Or is it better to find actual books from other people that commented on the stories I will be using? Thanks in advance =)

As long as you pick texts that have lots of literary features to be analysed, it shouldn't be too short. If necessary, you can always add in a text afterward if you don't have enough to write about.

Use both books and Internet source. I had websites, and then ebooks and excerpts that I found online. I didn't actually buy any books that analysed my topics, which may or may not end up with me getting a bad grade.

The main thing is that you have enough elements in the short stories to compare in relation to your focused topic, when you decide what that will be. Most of the people I know who compared literary works for their EE did them on different authors and were then able to talk about the effect of the culture and time in which the authors wrote their works. Since you're using the same author, you won't have as much to talk about in that respect.