Bio and Chem IA

IBdoc

Since I'm taking both chemistry and biology, I get confused on whether I should treat the uncertainties in the same way. In bio lab reports, should uncertainty be propagated too? Or do we only put uncertainties in tables and graphs? And do we take the smallest division of a lets say the cylinder used? Or one tenth of the smallest division like we do in chemistry?

[quote name='IBdoc' post='37464' date='Feb 21 2009, 04:58 AM']Since I'm taking both chemistry and biology, I get confused on whether I should treat the uncertainties in the same way. In bio lab reports, should uncertainty be propagated too? Or do we only put uncertainties in tables and graphs? And do we take the smallest division of a lets say the cylinder used? Or one tenth of the smallest division like we do in chemistry?[/quote]

I do physic and chemistry and I treat the uncertainty for both the same. But i would suggest for you to go and ask your teacher for more accurate information. After all they're the ones teaching and marking you.

[quote name='IBdoc' post='37464' date='Feb 20 2009, 07:58 PM']Since I'm taking both chemistry and biology, I get confused on whether I should treat the uncertainties in the same way. In bio lab reports, should uncertainty be propagated too? Or do we only put uncertainties in tables and graphs? And do we take the smallest division of a lets say the cylinder used? Or one tenth of the smallest division like we do in chemistry?[/quote]

I do physic, chemistry and biology. And the three teachers I have, want different uncertainties; better talk to your teachers because the uncertainties are so personal.