Choosing IB subjects for further Business major

ibstudent999

Hello,

What IB subjects do I choose if I want to study something connected to business? Unfortunately, my school does not offer business management and psychology. I was thinking about:

HL: maths AA, economics, language B/biology(the science that I like the most and I think I would get the highest grade)

SL: language A, language B/biology, history/physics/chemistry

What do you think about those choices and what should I change in them?

Edited by ibstudent999

• ibstudent999 changed the title to Choosing IB subjects for further Business major

Hey!

I take:

HL business, economics and maths AI

SL langlit, spanish and ESS.

I think if you are not offered business, economics is a good option (even if you do it SL) as it overlaps a little bit. Also, I originally wanted to study business and I am now more interested in studying environmental economics, so you might change your mind if you like the course. Other than that the only courses that are kind of related to business are langlit and ESS (in my opinion). Also, being able to speak different languages is really good.

You could consider doing business online with Pamoja learning. (Ask your school counselors if that is possible).

Your other course ideas are all fine! Just choose whichever interests you the most! You might end up changing your mind halfway through. 

Keep in mind whether you want all your subjects to be aimed at something (like I did with economics) or if you want a variety of courses. Also, if you want to go to certain countries for uni, they require certain subjects occasionally. So make sure you check that out too.

Hope that helped a little. Best of luck!

1 hour ago, Indiaca said:

Hey!

I take:

HL business, economics and maths AI

SL langlit, spanish and ESS.

I think if you are not offered business, economics is a good option (even if you do it SL) as it overlaps a little bit. Also, I originally wanted to study business and I am now more interested in studying environmental economics, so you might change your mind if you like the course. Other than that the only courses that are kind of related to business are langlit and ESS (in my opinion). Also, being able to speak different languages is really good.

You could consider doing business online with Pamoja learning. (Ask your school counselors if that is possible).

Your other course ideas are all fine! Just choose whichever interests you the most! You might end up changing your mind halfway through. 

Keep in mind whether you want all your subjects to be aimed at something (like I did with economics) or if you want a variety of courses. Also, if you want to go to certain countries for uni, they require certain subjects occasionally. So make sure you check that out too.

Hope that helped a little. Best of luck!

Hi, thanks for answering.

Unfortunately Pamoja was not available in my school the last year. I also asked the teachers about it and they said that it is very expensive, so probably that’s not an option.

I also have a question. Why did you decide to take AI maths? As far as I reckon, most business school want AA HL, but I may be misinformed. Also, can you recommend some sources for economics and maths?

Thanks for the answer. I find it helpful:)