"Is racism culturally conditioned or instinctive?" ToK presentation

Sakura

This is my Tok presentation topic, "Is racism culturally conditioned or instinctive?", as said in the title. I'm not sure how I should approach this and in what manner should I present it (poster, powerpoint, video, hand outs? etc) I was thinking at first to tackle the issue of: is there such thing as a race? and connecting that racism. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

It definitely sounds as though you're starting off on the right track. Like you mentioned, defining race and questioning its existence would be a fantastic place to start, as it will provide your audience with a foundation on which they can build their own thoughts regarding your topic. From there, you may want to construct arguments for both sides, and then justify which side you believe to be the most "correct" (and I use that term loosely).

As for the method of presenting...almost everyone I know that's done their presentation has done it with the aid of a PowerPoint presentation, and if done well, it proved to be a very efficient tool. ^_^ Some people chose to make posters, which can be equally useful (if not more visually interesting). Essentially, though, it depends on the material that you choose to present.

At any rate, good luck with your presentation!