Tok Presentation (Ogopogo)

eternalsnowxx

Hey i'm having a tok presentation but i really can't think of any Knowledge issues. My topic is How to we know that the Ogopogo exists? The ogogpogo is basically a creature that is said to live in the okanagan lake. Some people have said to see it and have taken pictures but aren't rally clear. But there is no real proof of it. Okay so, so far all i can think of is 1. How do we know the information relating to the ogopogo is real? and yeah..... got stuck about there. :(
Ahh i'm freaking out this is our first formal presentation. ;)

Edited by eternalsnowxx

I just finished my TOK - yay!
hehe
anyways
My first approach would be to start with each areas and ways of knowledge and just brainstorm ways you can tackle it
so for example
i don't know much about ogopogos but
in language you can research the origin of the name and maybe think of the connotations when you hear the word
it's always best to include as much TOK terms as possible.
you can take up the history part and maybe find out the origin of the creatures
and even include language even more and how the story could have been passed on orally
natural sciences to prove they don't exist

just try to think of some for each areas and pick your strongest points (as my TOK teacher told us)

hope you found that helpful :proud:

I'm still not really sure what to do.. Like i know the areas are knowing are natural sciences, Human Sciences, History, the arts, ethics and Mathematics. But for like history and The arts....the KI associated with that are kind of wrapped up in the question"how do we know the information given is real such as pictures stories, etc. And for Natural sciences i got one other KI that is.. how do we know if it is scientifically possible for such a mosnster to exist? But then for like ethics and math... i don't really know what else could be associated along the lines of that. :proud:

Don't know how much this subject will be appropriate for a ToK presentation, it seems weak to me. The thing with this subject is that people that believe in this kind of creatures base their knowledge in evidence that is not completely reliable. So maybe this can be an example of a broader knowledge issue.

I actually asked my teacher before.. he said that my topic was okay as long as i was comfortable with it. What i meant was that from the areas of knowledge there isn't much else that i can say.. even on the history and the arts and since the other ways of knowledge are kind of irrelevant then.... I'm kinda limited on approaching it that way.

I actually asked my teacher before.. he said that my topic was okay as long as i was comfortable with it. Because our topic for the presentations are How do we really know? What i meant was that from the areas of knowledge there isn't much else that i can say.. even on the history and the arts and since the other ways of knowledge are kind of irrelevant then.... I'm kinda limited on approaching it that way.